Tuesday 14 April 2009

make a statement

Given my obsession with large and over-the-top jewellery I am loving that statement pieces are here to stay! I am especially fond of the embellished and almost crafty-looking necklaces that were displayed in the A/W collections; here are a few of my favourites from Marni and Christian Lacroix.


Marni A/W '09 - Marni did the 'Bib Necklace' so well, I can see this type of jewellery being worn with 1940s inspired blouses and skirts for Autumn.


Christian Lacroix A/W '09 - Love these skeletal looking creations, the perfect foil to floaty floral-print dresses!


I am now turning my thoughts to a personal project; fabric, sequins, lace and lots of imagination and I think I could be onto something. Stay tuned for the results!

0 comments:

Post a Comment