Monday 4 October 2010

making it up as I go along...

So we're in Vietnam now and having stumbled upon (read thoroughly researched and desperately made time to get there) an amazing place called Hoi An, it has been a struggle to leave! Not only are there gorgeous beaches within cycling distance, cute little cafes and restaurants and lovely people, this is also the home of made-to-measure tailoring over here. If you are going to Vietnam in the future make sure you give this place a visit... you will return with a wardrobe full of new clothes but a considerably lighter purse - albeit a stunningly handmade leather one! First trip (this will happen to you too beware) I managed to get a silk maxi dress, another one in jersey, two shirts, a maxi skirt and some palazzo trousers made up to exactly how I had drawn and explained them... This then became addictive as I went back after struggling with my conscience for a while and adding a camel cape (my favourite and something I can't wait to wear back in the UK) and another silk maxi dress to my now growing wardrobe. It's all been packaged up and sent back to England now so I won't get to see them for a while but will post photos once I get back home...

0 comments:

Post a Comment